In my house, since I can remember, doing the dishes has always caused some argument, about who has done them the most, or who deserves a night off, or what part of the dishes one is willing to do. I have never understood how it can cause such futile behaviour, when really it never takes more than half an hour to wash and wipe up. Such a simple thing has caused me to realise the need to be Jesus in the small ways so that the big ways have a deeper significance, that even in the menial tasks, we need to reflect the heart of God.
Since being back in the UK I have tried to get work, succeeded, failed, and been met half way with a few hours washing dishes at a care home, which is not altogether an exciting or fulfilling task. However, amongst the stacks and stacks of dishes as I stand in the basement kitchen I have been able to spend a lot of time reflecting on where I have been, what I have done and asking God exactly what it is He wants me to do. So although I am not particularly fulfilled by washing dishes, God is using that time to shape me and teach me His heart for His people. I feel somehow that I am being taught in a more intimate way to reflect God's heart for His people. As I stand washing those dishes, God is teaching me to care about the smaller things, and the intimate details of His heart. God wouldn't give someone a still stained teacup just because he couldn't be bothered to hand wash it before he put it through the dishwasher, and nor should I!
I currently want to go back to Goa at the beginning of July, as it stands, I now have a visa for 1 year with multiple entry and optional extention, praise God for that. I have no flight and no funding while I am there but I feel at peace that this will come.
I am going back to Goa. I have to wait on God for the provision for this statement. I beleive that such a desire in my heart to go back is placed there by God, and I know my journey out in Goa is still only just beginning. Please pray that in the next few weeks I am able to sort everything out I need and any support I need will manifest itself. I know it will.
Please also keep in prayer Martin & Beena, who are currently travelling around England to raise financial help for their children's home and recently started school. I was blessed enough to see Martin & Beena for a short time while they are here, they looked weary but continue to encourage and inspire me with their constant reliance on God and the vision they have for God's people. Please pray they would receive all they need and more through God's provision, that He would place the right people and the right conversations in their path. That they would be able to find rest on their journey and not burn themselves out, and for their health, that they would fly home refreshed and ready to begin the next chapter out in Goa.
Pastor Martin & Beena
Every Blessing
Soph
x

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.