For the few days I have come to realise that I have over the last year been very distracted in my walk with God. I find that when I have a moment where I can just sit and relax and spend time praying or have some personal time with God, I am trying to think of something else I could do. I realise now that this has become habitual, but here I am unable to distract myself with the everyday things I could back home. However, I have now had a revalation and transformation of mind and heart, and am embracing these moments as precious. It's taking a lot of focus to ensure I don't get distracted or try to find distractions, but for the last few days I have been improving.
On a slightly lighter note, today I was thrown out of my comfort zone from the moment I stepped into the lovely ice cold shower, (this may sound like something that would be beneficial in the hot climate, but it is actually quite cool in the mornings and a moment that I really have to brace myself for).
I then had to reverse Martin's car out of the driveway, only to find that his next request was that I drive them all to church. For those who have experienced Indian roads, this was no light undertaking. However, something I have actually really wanted to do for a long time, and so, thankfully with Martin as my teacher in when to honk the horn, the trip to church was successful and safe!
I have met a few more times with the youth, and am finding that there is actually a bit of a language barrier, now they all speak English, but find it difficult to understand my English, and they are then unattentive to what I am saying and begin lots of smaller conversations. If you could please pray that these barriers are overcome. I know that part of it is in building the relationships up to a point where they want to listen and engage, so please also pray that I am able to do this.
Every blessing,
Soph x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.