Tuesday, 10 August 2010

CHALLENGED

The team left a couple of days ago.  They did an incredible job of painting the school, teaching, studying and spending time with the kids from the homes.  They also spent a lot of time with the youth from church and built some good relationships with them.  I was really happy that they were able to have a lot more interaction with the youth at church and spend time building each other up, laughing and doing life together.  A part of the project that I am certain will be developed in the future.  I will miss them now they are gone, at one point one of my young people from Goa was sharing in their worship time, when we came out she said, 'I felt like I was in England, I was the only Indian in there!'


The team with Antonett & Jaison, Antonett studied at ChristChurch and invited them for dinner, they enjoyed her cooking, especially since it was roast beef burgers!

During the  time with the team I was able to observe and spend a lot of time with Ali Pastor (As the children call him)  and learnt a lot from his patience and the way he deals with a lot of challenging situations, this has left me really challenged in terms of my patience, or lack of it.  Things happen at a slow pace here in Goa, and the lack of respect for others time is started to grate.  On many levels its brilliant that nothing is fuelled by stress, but when you want to get a simple task done and it takes 2 weeks, it becomes stressful!  I want to give my all to this role, and rise up to the continuing challenges, I like the challenges, but need a lot of prayer to ensure that through them I am seeking God, and being changed by Him, growing in His love and loving those I work with unconditionally. 

Every blessing.

Soph x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.