The Future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is. ~C.S. Lewis
The last month has gone very fast, but in actual fact no faster than the last, or the next will go! No excuse for not blogging, but still... it has appeared to have passed at very high speed!
I have been so blessed this last month to have so many visitors. I was able to spend time with them, and introduce them to my way of life here in Goa. It has been above all things, great fun, and I have laughed so much. It has been wonderful to share my experience with those who know me really well.
I cannot excuse my lack of blogging recently, I have simply been struggling to know what to share. So many stories and updates could fill the space, but I feel that it would look more like a diary than a blog!
Things here in Goa continue to go well, and things in the youth ministry seem to be growing. It is a slow process at the moment but I am constantly reminded of the need for strong and deep foundations. I cannot believe I have been here for almost 4 months already! How time flies when you're having fun. On that note... with the aid of my visitors and other volunteers we have established that the reason Goans have a 2 and a half hour lunch break is because the lunch time flies by like it was merely half an hour. This is no joke, you test this theory when you come!
God is doing great work in the lives of the young people, though at times it is very challenging. I ask you please to pray for some of the young people going through very difficult situations at the moment. That they would have integrity and a heart of truthfulness in all they do, and that they would find their strength in God alone.
We are preparing for Hillsong, London arriving at the beginning of April. We will be hosting a concert at an outdoor theatre called Kala Academy. We are hoping to attract many young people who do not yet know the love of Christ in their lives, and so I ask for your prayer support in the groundwork for that. The main strength we have is that many of our young people attend such a vast aray of colleges and schools, so we hope they can bring a vast aray of young people along with them! What a fantastic opportunity we have been given to reach out to the young people of Goa through music, its such a huge part of the culture here!
WIth love, Soph x

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.